Basin Info. & News
Lake Levels & River Conditions
Recreation & Parks
About the Authority
- February 2014 Monthly Water Quality Report
- Latest water quality report for the Sabine River Basin. Additional water quality reports in the State of the Basin.
- Aquatic Vegetation Management
- This page provides links to information regarding aquatic plant management (nuisance vegetation control).
- Comprehensive Sabine Watershed Management Plan
- The Sabine River Authority of Texas (SRA) developed a Comprehensive Sabine Watershed Management Plan (CSWMP) for the Sabine River Basin, Texas (December, 1999). The previous update of SRA's Master Plan was completed in 1985.
- This page provides definitions of terms used on the SRA Web site.
- Lower Sabine River Priority Instream Flow Study
- In 2001, the 77th Legislature enacted Senate Bill 2 establishing the Texas Instream Flow Program. The Lower Sabine IFS is among the first tier of instream flow studies to be initiated and is due to be completed prior to December 31, 2010.
- Orange County TMDL Project
- The purpose of this project is to support the assessment of the presence and causes of depressed dissolved oxygen concentrations, elevated fecal coliform densities, and/or low pH in nine Sabine Basin, Texas, water bodies.
- Special Reports
- This page includes a link to the Summary Report of MtBE Contamination in Lake Tawakoni from Gasoline Pipeline Rupture. Additional Special Reports will be posted as they become available.
- Texas Clean Rivers Program
- Senate Bill 818 (SB 818), known as the Texas Clean Rivers Act, was enacted in 1991 by the 72nd Legislature to ensure the comprehensive regional assessment of water quality in each watershed and river basin of the State.
- Trans-Texas Water Program
- The Trans-Texas Water Program (TTWP) was a comprehensive integrated water resources planning process designed to identify the most cost-effective and environmentally acceptable methods for meeting future water needs in a large portion of Texas.
- Upper Sabine Basin Water Supply Study
- In May 2002, the Sabine River Authority of Texas (SRA) authorized Kellogg Brown & Root, Inc. (KBR) to update and expand investigations of various methods and costs for independently supplying future water needs for SRA customers in the Upper Sabine Basin.
- Water Wizard
- Do you have questions about the Sabine Basin? The Sabine River Basin Water Wizard can help with questions about water quality, aquatic wildlife, squirrels, and water quality tests.